Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my slvr refused to turn on after it died, and it did it several times. Today, my phone died while I was on it talkin to my mom. Couldn't call my g/f b4 work, and while I was at work, I had it on the charger for 5 hours str8, and it did nothing, not even light up. Removed the battery, did a whole bunch of things to make it turn on, nothing. So, called my g/f with the work phone, and decided to break down and get a new phone.

Got a razr V3xx Red/chrome. 298 and some change, woulda done a contract but w/ no credit I woulda had to pay a deposit and I would have paid WAY more than i did. Better take care of this one cuz I haven't looked into a warranty yet. I'll get pix later, but for now:
Had to use my head set/memory card and headphone adapter from my slvr cuz this one didn't include any of it. Takin some time to get used to it but it has a lot of cool features.

http://www.motorola.com/consumer/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=3a7424031d090110VgnVCM1000008206b00aRCRD&prodGroup=All+Phones&show=fullSpecification

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and somehow, despite being unopened, the ****in battery was charged. My girlfriend put the battery in and pressed power and bam, fully charged. WTF???????

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it plays music, and i *can* play music videos and id songs, but that's not part of my att plan so oh well. Yeah, the camera is a 1.3 mega pixel, lot better clarity. It's got the zoom and everything on the viewfinder and a little cross hair so u can focus on something. It also allows u to do a self portrait by closing it and the viewfinder is the screen on the outside.

-Edit, last night b4 bed I seen my other slvr battery. Swapped it just to check, and then put it on the charger. Had the other battery in the phone chargin ALL night, and nothing still. Not payin another 50 for a phone that'll do the same ****.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
I'm so sick of RAZRs. They are junk. I went through three of them, and not one person I know has gone through a 2 year contract without some serious problem with the phone.

The phone should AT LEAST make it through a 2 year period, when that is what you ahve to sign up for to get the phone at a decent price.

I just got an LG Trax. This phone is sweet. 1.3mp camera, front touch buttons, video recorder, microSD slot, and all the other goodies. LG is better than the current Motorola crap phones that have been coming out, in my EXPERIENCE, as well as opinion.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Im actually really happy with my razor so far. Dropped it a dozen or so times and she still works fine. Hell, my aunt has one and put the thing in a cup of water(drunk+female). The front screen stopped working for about 2 weeks, then started working again. They have definately come along way from what they used to be.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Im actually really happy with my razor so far. Dropped it a dozen or so times and she still works fine. Hell, my aunt has one and put the thing in a cup of water(drunk+female). The front screen stopped working for about 2 weeks, then started working again. They have definately come along way from what they used to be.
Pics of said aunt?

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
^^ What has happened to your RAZR? I've never had a problem with mine - I like it a lot.

Now Chocolates...those are absolute ****.
first one, completely died(no water or excessive droppages). 2nd front screen broke way too easily, , buttons worked on and off, and battery life crap. 3rd, buttons functioned on and off, front screen broke.

In addition, the phone is freakin slow. every button you press is delayed, whether your inbox is full or empty. it took them forever to put in a 1.3mp. no SD slot? come on motorola get with it. battery life was never that good. you only get 10 voice entries? which such and hardly work?

the razr blows.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My v3xx has a memory sd slot around the battery cover, it's not slow at all, and it has 60 mb internal memory, yeah, I luv my phone.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
My First razr, the front screen went whack.. all fuzzy and crap. Got a new one in the mail 2 days after I called.. Now I get half reception. I say half because I have 5 bars, I make a call, it rings 2 or 3 times, then I get disconnected. Bull**** if you ask me. But the plan isn't up until like.. spring.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I'm so sick of RAZRs. They are junk. I went through three of them, and not one person I know has gone through a 2 year contract without some serious problem with the phone.

The phone should AT LEAST make it through a 2 year period, when that is what you ahve to sign up for to get the phone at a decent price.

I just got an LG Trax. This phone is sweet. 1.3mp camera, front touch buttons, video recorder, microSD slot, and all the other goodies. LG is better than the current Motorola crap phones that have been coming out, in my EXPERIENCE, as well as opinion.
agreed. Razrs are junk, they are real nice phones they just don't last long at all. Something a motorola should be good at.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Hell, my aunt has one and put the thing in a cup of water(drunk+female). The front screen stopped working for about 2 weeks, then started working again.
Lucky. I dropped mine in a glass of water (not drunk + not female) about a month or so ago and it stopped working. I still don't have a phone.

-Jin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts