Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

What should my buddy do?

• Keep the Chevelle.

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Buy the Mustang, sell the Chevelle.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Buy a different $25,000 car. (Keep in mind he wont own an import.)

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My buddy is thinking of selling his 1972 Chevelle for a 2006 Mustang GT. He says he can't afford the gas anymore (8mpg city), and he can't afford to refinish the body (the car is starting to get the typical Chevelle rust under the rear side windows and under the vinyl top. There's a guy who wants to give him $30,000 for it. It's got a brand new running gear (crate 350, new transmission, new rear, everything). He figures he can sell it, buy the Mustang for $25, and still have a few grand left over. I told him he's nuts, but it's not my car, so whatever.

Anyway, what does PBF think he should do?

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DaBluedevil said:
$30,000!? Yea right. Tell him to take a loan and fix the rust, then sell it for more.
That's what it's worth. It's only a clone. It was originally a 2bbl 350 Malibu.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I would probably sell it. I wouldnt want to, but it seems like the best long term option.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
guess what i voted for? :hug:

seriously chevelles go up in value every damn day. my car is worth 18,000$ right now, 5 years ago it would of been worth 8,000$

selling that car would be like selling a gas station 3 years ago when gas was 1.25$

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
PAT McCORMICK said:
guess what i voted for? :hug:

seriously chevelles go up in value every damn day. my car is worth 18,000$ right now, 5 years ago it would of been worth 8,000$

selling that car would be like selling a gas station 3 years ago when gas was 1.25$
even though it's not a real chevelle you still think it'll go up as much as yours would?

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Charger said:
or wait for the dodge challenger to come out and get that
Like that's going to be anywhere near $25,000.....maybe if he had another $15,000. :)

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RB said:
I say he gets one of the rousch or cobra's used maybe.

Just get something more than a GT. What does he plan to do to the GT with the 5k extra?
Probably put a blower on it since that would let him keep the warrenty.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
martix_agent said:
even though it's not a real chevelle you still think it'll go up as much as yours would?

u mean cause its a mailibu?

i got a secret for you..... shhhhhhh, my chevelle is a factory malibu too.

my car, since its a malibu converted to a SS chevelle, its worth $18000, i could alil more work and spend alil more money and it will go up to a peak of about 25,000$

if it was an original chevelle, (basically the only difference would be a couple frikin numbers in my vin tag) the value would be more around $50,000

1 - 20 of 22 Posts