Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh and get this... they called the people "athletes" ... wtf

and paintball is easy to watch. if youve ever watched a nppl super 7 dvd, they have full games on video, and its VERY easy to follow whats happening. and just imagine if it were xball, it would be even easier. as long as you have a camera on one of those moving lift things, you can easily record games

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
Does anybody remember the XFL? The way the taped everything would work fine for putting paintball on tv. Cameras overhead, and at all different angles. It sounds like a good plan, but will most likely not happen anytime soon.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i could care less if its live. but they should record div1 xball finals, or nxl games or something, and PUT THEM ON TV. i dont see how a food eating competition, arm wrestling, and plenty of other things that are retarded can get television coverage, and paintball rarely does

D

·
0 Posts
i hate tv with a passion.. i havent sat and watched tv in months, only thing i use my tv for is movies and video games

every channel is so bad now, horrible repetative sitcoms.. crap reality tv shows, all these tlc while you were, monstar garage, then shows like entertainment tonight.. seriously i dont give a **** which celeb is ****ing another celeb or if they crapped out a kid or not...

and stations like mtv or much music.. what the hell.. horrible music on repeat with pathetic 'vj's' i hate them

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yesterday I was flippin through channels and I come across the Game Show Network and what do I see on? Extreme Dodgeball!! This had to be the stupidest thing ever. They put dodgeball on tv but not paintball. They had these retarded-American-Gladiators-rejects playing and some bum announcers that looked like they got picked up from the street.

D

·
0 Posts
ive watched nppl footage.. the 10 man and 5 man.. that was good, sometimes it was a bummer to see what was going on.. other times it was pretty sweet.. i would work for sure

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Paintball could be big on TV if they just did it right. Here's how I always imagined it to be entertaining:

Cameras looking down the field from each side, from a high up position. (straightforward)

Raised cameras on each side of the field. (Sideways length of field)

Plenty of camerman down low to catch all the up close action shots.

Iffy on this one, cause players might not like it, but tiny cameras near the barrel of each persons gun, as to get camera angles showing the shots fly toward their targets.

Now it could be changing to each different camera, depending on where all the action is happening. They could also freeze frame it, and also go backwards, since there's often times where two big things happen at once. You'll want to see a close up of each thing.

I thought of it this way because out of all the paintball videos I've ever seen, it's either:

A.) Amateur shaky camera men down on the field, showing nothing but one guy firing from his bunker and such.

or

B.) A stationary camera from above which is really hard to distinguish what's going on at times.

2,668 Posts
Paint, STFU you know that the National Hot Dog Eating Championship is friggin awesome :rofl

I was at my aunts lake house and they only get 12 channels or so, so we watched that. And yes it was friggin lame because the announcers compared it to proffesional sports and people had nicknames and crap...Ughhh it was unbearable, but watching people scarf down hotdogs was sweet!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts