Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm 5'8" and about 130 pounds. I'm a twig and I'm not happy with it. I want to start building muscle and becoming a faster runner. (I can run a 6:30ish mile now.) I play tennis and paintball so arms are very important, however, I want to stay even and whatnot.

I eat really healthy (some kind of steak, pork, or chicken) for dinner with potatoes or rice everyday. I need to improve on what I eat for lunch to get the most out of it and my breakfasts are pretty decent usually.

What would you guys recommend for a weekly routine? I want to start going to a gym or a fitness club or something. I know basically nothing about gyms and workout lingo so that would be appreciated too.

Thanks,

Adam.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
First, check out www.bodybuilding.com they have loads of great info, probably anything better then even spud and automaggot can give you.

Just as a guidline to you, I'll post my routine for what i work on throughout the week.

Monday-Legs
Tuesday-Back/Shoulders
Wednesday-Bicep/Forearms
Thursday-Chest
Friday- Assorted workouts, from Clean, to abs to anything inbetween I havnt done

If i get time I'll try and post up a list of what I do for each specific day.

If your trying to gain weight, start eating like your trying to gain weight. Eat many meals throughout the day, hopefully packed with protein. 6 is a good number of meals to go for. Since your trying to bulk, try and keep it a clean bulk,(healthy choices, not poptarts and oreos(which are good to eat occasionally for quick sugar)). Keep yourself hydrated, and don't give up when you dont see results in the first week.

Theres tons more info I can give, just ask any question and I'll try and help.

·
Naughty Ice
1,596 Posts
my work out plan goes
mon- chest tris
tues- bicept forarm legs
wed- shoulder back
thursday chest tris
friday- bicept forarm legs
and sat- shoulder back

before each work out i take creatine, and after a 50 g protien shake.

i used to be so small it was rediculous now after about 6 months of actually working out ive put on crazy amounts of muscle. Its a long process but its very very worth it when you start to see results.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i was more of a twig before than i am now (5' 11" 135 lbs now) and my arms got really big after doing pushups. I do core exercises ever other day, and on the days i am not doing those i do pushups. for pushups i do 2 sets (20 per set) of regular (not in a row), 1 set of wide, 1 set or narrow (aka diamonds), 1 with the right leg IN THE AIR (not on the other leg), 1 with the left leg in the air, and at the end i do 10 really fast and 10 clappers. That will get your arms bigger really fast if you have nothing there to begin with.

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
If you would like to become a faster runner, I'd highly suggest Strength Shoes. I use them for basketball, and have improved my vertical leap drastically and improved my 40 yard dash time drastically as well. It went from like...5.4 in my freshman year to around 4.8 in my senior year and I can probably exceed that now. The shoes are a great investment, and although a bit pricey, and ugly as sin, are definitely worth it.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
Stan said:
First, check out www.bodybuilding.com they have loads of great info, probably anything better then even spud and automaggot can give you.

Just as a guidline to you, I'll post my routine for what i work on throughout the week.

Monday-Legs
Tuesday-Back/Shoulders
Wednesday-Bicep/Forearms
Thursday-Chest
Friday- Assorted workouts, from Clean, to abs to anything inbetween I havnt done

If i get time I'll try and post up a list of what I do for each specific day.

If your trying to gain weight, start eating like your trying to gain weight. Eat many meals throughout the day, hopefully packed with protein. 6 is a good number of meals to go for. Since your trying to bulk, try and keep it a clean bulk,(healthy choices, not poptarts and oreos(which are good to eat occasionally for quick sugar)). Keep yourself hydrated, and don't give up when you dont see results in the first week.

Theres tons more info I can give, just ask any question and I'll try and help.
if you have leg day and back day right next to eachother, you arent working them out right- they are the two most grueling days you can have. after squatting on leg day, your whole body should be so sore that the last thing you would ever want to do would be deadlift

my routine is

monday: chest / run 1 mile / abs / 20-30 minutes boxing (heavy bag)
tuesday:back / run 2 miles / boxing
wednesday: off (i still run 2 miles and punch the bag though)
thursday: arm day / run 1 mile /abs / boxing
friday: leg day / home (i do my leg days right thumup: )
saturday: shoulder day / run 2 miles / abs
sunday: sparring for a few hours, throwing lots of kicks and punches (tiring as hell)

i know i do a really intense workout, but that's because its how i have to train to be a fighter. the principle is still there though- the days are spaced so that sore muscles have time to recoupe while opposite parts of the body work hard

oh yea, youre right about having to eat a lot more, but since he's bulking, there is really nothing wrong with oreos and **** like that. basically, if it has protein, carbs, and calories, eat it. no matter what it is. i eat almost 5,000 calories a day, and i dont even feel like that is enough (i burn through a LOT of energy) so yea, eat whatever you can, whenever you can. never be hungry.

when you lift, be intense!!! i cant emphasize that enough. my new hardcore gym has brought whole new meaning to what a good workout is, and its all because the environment there is so gung-ho

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
tippmann666 said:
idk, but i made this desision too.

how many push ups per day should i do to see results?
pushups will only make your chest and triceps a tid bit bigger (though you can get them pretty rock solid within the small size).. if you want size, go for the freeweights.

if you mean results as in how many you can do, you should be able to do several more every week until its pretty much the same thing as jogging as far as fatigue goes

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Basically, I want to eat more, I just never have great food to eat between big meals and whatnot.

So I need to set up a routine of some kind and try for more eating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts