Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....who's packing. That's why I don't mess with random people. :)

Alleged Carjacker Gets Shot in Buttocks
By Associated Press
Wed Jan 17, 11:03 PM

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A man trying to steal a car at gunpoint from a couple ended up being shot himself, Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott says. Harold Levar Jeffcoat, 29, was arrested Sunday at the hospital where he was being treated for a gunshot wound to the buttocks, Lott said.

Jeffcoat was shot Saturday night after he stuck a gun into the stomach of a man getting into his car at a Wal-Mart in suburban northeast Richland County and demanded his keys, deputies said.

A woman in the passenger seat pulled a gun from the glove compartment and fired five shots at Jeffcoat, hitting him once, investigators said.

Lott is calling the couple heroes. The sheriff said police don't encourage people to go out and "just start shooting," but they do want people to protect themselves.

Jeffcoat also was wanted for at least nine other armed robberies across Columbia, Lott said.

·
Ðèm-öñ(Pòp)tårt
1,469 Posts
wow, that'd be scary being forced into a situation like that...

oddly, it reminds me of a string of muggings that has been happening in pine hills/ocoee... where this group of guys is walking up to people and then pointing a shotgun their face...

it doesn't really have anything to do with that... but it reminds me of it...

still... yet another reason why people should think (even if it is just a little) before they do that crazy s***...

/randomness...

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
serves him for trying to rob somebody, just better be lucky it wasn't the other end.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
try that in california and you'd be arrested and sued for protecting yourself :rolleyes:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hahah, thats about what would happen in Maine. I plan on getting my CCW as soon as I can(its 21 in most states, correct?), as my dad has one and I will surely carry.

D

·
0 Posts
That's so stupid. What if she killed that man? What a stupid reason to kill some one. Not to mention, if she fired 5 shots and only one hit.. where'd the other 4 go? She very well could have shot her own husband or any number of people going through the parking lot.

D

·
0 Posts
One less car jacker on the street. He pulled a gun first so she had every right to kill him.:tup
Says who? What are the odds that the guy would have actually shot him if he didnt give up the car?
That car jacker is still a human being.

I hardly find it justified.

She's lucky she didnt get her husband killed.. if the jacker had any intentions of killing them, dont you think he would have pulled the trigger and shot the man in the stomach when the women pulled a shot at him? Shes lucky she didnt start a fire fight, in which case the situation could have got a lot worse.

D

·
0 Posts
The jacker kills the women, he's a murder.
The women kills the jacker, she's a hero.

They're both murders in my eyes.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'm going to have to go with dooms on this one. If you pull a gun on someone they have every right to shoot to kill. Yes he (mugger) is a human, but a human who just threatened the life of an innocent person for nothing more than personal gain. I agree that the woman was a crappy shot, and could have potentially injured someone else, but for all you know the area behind the gunman was clear and she recognized that before she shot (doubtful). Either way, if somebody ever threatens me or my loved ones with a firearm, I'm not going to talk nicely to them about their personal problems, or consider the fact that they too are a human being. I'm going to shoot them, and it's not going to be in the buttox.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts

Killing in defense of yourself, other innocents, or personal property is not murder, and in most cases is entirely justified.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Says who?
Legally. Sure, she can be sued and stuff later on, but legally (and morally in my mind) she was in the right. Justified self-defense. Exactly the same as if a guy pulled a gun on a cop and the cop killed him.

D

·
0 Posts
Killing in defense of yourself, other innocents, or personal property is not murder, and in most cases is entirely justified.
Killing over property is ridiculous.

I can understand in a case such as that on a high-jacked plane, or a shooter on a rampage someplace that has already taken lives But to kill some one over property is absolutely ridiculous.

Who says it's not murder? And who says it's justified? Even if the law says it's not murder, that doesn't mean it's not murder.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts

Carjacker:
-holds up INNOCENT people
-taking what is not his
-using threat of lethal force on INNOCENT people
-breaking the law

Woman:
-DEFENSE of husband/boyfriend
-DEFENSE of property
-DEFENSE of self

The woman did not attack the man on a whim. She REACTED. She reacted to a many pointing a ****ing gun in her loved one's stomach. If you see no difference, then your view is skewed and don't understand nature itself. Her instinctive reaction was to protect her husband and herself. That was her FIRST action. The theif's first action was to steal, threaten, intimidate, and quite possibly kill/maim. The fact that he's charged for 9 other robberies makes him a repeat thief/intimidator/potential murderer. Where do you get off saying he and the woman are the same? Shame on your pathetic view on the situation.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts