Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Your advice on my ugrade plan... (stock spyder mech)

1K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  onesikpup 
#1 ·
last year i joined the forums and was interested in getting a spyder b/c they were cheap and widely used and appreciated. i didnt know that all spyders were the same so i do what i do for all products...read a helluva lotta reviews. then, despite your suggestions to get an imagine b/c its cheap and you get the esp frame, i bought a rodeo for 130 b/c it looked nice and i figured i could upgrade it later but i didnt really think about upgrading too much.

now i'd like to make this a little hobby to work on the gun, to make it into something nicer. started out with free stuff. i painted the chrome on my gun black... didnt like all the shiny stuff. i got a $2 bicycle grip and put it over my regulator so my hands wouldnt get so cold. and i got a black teardrop barrel as recommended on the forums. now i feel like pimpin it out. so heres a list of stuff i've come up with. correct me if anythings really stupid. they are listed in order of precedence to some respect.

(barrel) - i already have the teardrop and am happy with looks/performance

(esp frame) - i pulled one and i just like how much lighter it is

(trigger) - i like the feeling of the flat trigger, first i'll try to shave the stock one ( i want to save some money if its that easy to)

(evo 2) - its fast and semi cheap. halo was tempting but i dont think i'll be pulling that fast for a while. holds a little more balls too.

(dye sticky) - i've also felt this on someones gun and liked it.

(t-board) - i can't pull very fast, but i want to know that i CAN!!, and the eyes are very appealing. i want to see that thing work with no choppin

(z-board) - its kinda cheap but i may not get it. dont really NEED the speed, but its nice to know you have more than you need.

-Low pressure stuff--- i use co2 as i dont think we have anywhere to get N2 fills around here. i live in hot climate (even in winter) so its not as bad as it could be. i read some stuff about LP and it appealed to me, plus its an excuse to buy more fun stuff.

(bolt?) havent looked but i read high volume air flowing is best
(reg?) lookin at palmers probly
(VA) lookin at CiP 15* for looks & compatability
(hose) macroline is what i need?

i've already ordered the eframe and hopper and stickies. gonna read more about the rest later and wait til i finish taking all my tests this week. i guess i just want to hear if you think its a good start, and whatever opinions you have about the parts. i know a lot of you say dont upgrade the spyder, its not worth it blah blah blah. but ive heard that and i want to anyway as a hobby. thanks for any input

See less See more
#3 ·
get the esp frame before the barrel

#13 ·
^^ yea haha I think hes spent enough $$$ for now. I used the Tear Drop to and like you said the PMI's work great and Marballizers are even better. I upgraded to a Dye Ultralite and the same fit but Its more accurate and is easier to clean especially since its a two piece.

#14 ·
damn paintball gun tricking out cost lots. i'm resting for a while now. you should see the stuff list thats coming. dont tell me its bad stuff b/c i dont care anymore :)
t-board + eyes
eframe (spyder imagine)
evo2 (y-boarded)
palmers stabilzer lp
checkit assault block
AKA bolt
spring kit
crossfire 68/45
dye stickies to top it all off
oh and a gauge

now i cant eat b/c i cant afford it...

jk:)

#15 ·
Haha but see if you did a little research you would have realized that an electronic Spyder would be the way to go to start off, and now you have to buy an electronic frame. But if it was looks you were after than thats all up to you. And yea PB is very addicting be careful haha.

#16 ·
well i've changed my plan a little, so now i'm calling the stores in a rush to change/cancel orders. i think i'm going to take the electro pneumatic route with the zip kit.

I'm gonna cancel the spyder t-board and change it for 'the one' t-board b/c its zip kit compatible. the rocket valve will be useless i guess, i'll have to sell it or find some way to utilize it . Got a spring kit for blowbacks coming in, but it was cheap anyway. the lightning bolt will still be useful with its low pressure goodness.

i plan to hook the palmers fatty reg as my hpr and get the micro rock as my lpr, and plug that into the assault block, which may have to be modded to be open like the zip kit VA supposedly is.

allz i gots ta say is, this thing better rip when i get done with it, b/c then i'm gonna make a name for it, kinda like the hornet, only call it something else that i like. guess i'll have a little bit to sort this out, since i cant play pb for a bit. today we played and in the last game i twisted my knee sliding into a bunker. i can barely walk now. it hurt.

#18 ·
spyder person said:
get a zip kit
no. IMO the zip kit is a waste of money. a gun being electropneumatic isnt THAT much of an upgrade, just about all it'll do it save a few uncocking problems. for 180 bucks its totally not worth it IMO.

#20 ·
spyder person said:
i will pay 180 for
1 a little better board
2 lcd gotta love it :tup:
3 uncocking like you said
4 turns it into aq bko
5 it pisses of people who hate spyders
6 less kick

sounds good to me how about you?
not really. a little better board, yes thats the best thing in the Zip Kit, but you could just get a Tboard like you told him to do. thats what i'd do.
THe bko thing doesnt mean anything. its basically the same answer as number 3 cause thats the difference between spyders and bko.

#25 ·
spyder person said:
im gonna say this once more buy this adapter http://www.zenitram-mfg.com/

go to products dragun/t1 ect. and t1 lpr adapter
i've heard the adapter fits the ass block. but will the ass block work with the zip kit valve? i think i'm gonna call mine the 'bad habitz spyder killa' :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.