Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been doing some thinking.

I'm thinking about buying a sport bike now and waiting until I'm 16 to ride it IF thats the Kansas law.

Now I've been looking, and found some pretty nice ones that are 200cc more or less and are around 2 grand.

Now I need something with a smaller engine and less top end and all because my mom had a bad experiance about bikes and she dosen't want me having one.

I figured if I'm a good kid, I can get one. I'm not looking for a 1000cc Super Bike here, just something that could hit up to about 100+ MPH and is around the 200cc range.

Asfar as paying for it... i'm getting a job soon. I have 2 gopeds. One is a Sport Ped with 800 bucks invested in it and the other is a Stock sport ped. Now I'm thinking about selling the super ped for about 650 and saving that.

I'll keep the stock ped for getting around until I buy the bike. Besides, I got it for free, just needed some work on it.

Now if I do this, I have to quit paintball. I can get roughly 1000+ for everything I own. Imp, Phantom, Stock class stuff, MAsks, PAcks, jerseys, etc. etc.

I'd pick up a T.E.S. So I could play occasionally.

Theres about 1700-2100 so far.

Work a job for a while, earn about another 1000 for this summer.

Then I'd be ready to buy a nice bike. I could buy it now, but won't ride it for a few years, or I could save the money and buy it in a few years.

I really don't know right now. Might even save up for a car. But I want a bike way more.

Please, give me your opinions. :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Definitely wait. A bike- even a sweet one- is not worth selling everything you have and spending all your money. Wait until the time you can ride it comes, before invested $2000 into something like that.

PS: Unless your parents are gonna buy you a car, and help you through college, I wouldn't buy it, even if you wait.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HippoMaster said:
Definitely wait. A bike- even a sweet one- is not worth selling everything you have and spending all your money. Wait until the time you can ride it comes, before invested $2000 into something like that.

PS: Unless your parents are gonna buy you a car, and help you through college, I wouldn't buy it, even if you wait.
You don't know my family.

Our income is 12,000 a year. Thats what my mom makes as a para for special ed kids.

Dad got laid off. He buys and sell laptops to make his money for us to live on.

I helped my dad on his car payments actually. He helps me out when he can, which is basically never.

i'm just probably gonna save all my money for a few years. I'll keep paintballing, but selling stuff I don't need.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Sounds like your family's going through some rough times... It'll get better, as soon as your dad gets back on his feet. :)

But, it just reinforces the decision to wait. Keeping some of the money around for now might help. Sorta a pool to fall back into. If you're having trouble supporting what you already have, why go out and buy more? Save the money. The tides will turn, you'll get your liscence, and you'll have your bike. :cool: :)

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heres my plan. :)

Sell the super ped, keep the stock ped.

Put that 650ish in the bank

Sell SOME pb stuff, maybe downgrade a bit more.

Put that in bank.

Interest for 2 years.

New bike.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Index Fund, man. 11% yearly cumulative interest, I believe. On average, of course. It might be less or more, but it's a LOT better than bank interest.

My bro is making some nice cash by investing in the market... putting 20% a year into it. When he's 40, he's gonna retire at this rate! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts