Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Jvc Kds 5050 with 2 powerbass front door speakers and stock rear *front were blown when I got the car, didn't have enough for rear speakers*
The cd player puts out 180 watts total, but there is a button that says *loud*. When U press it it rattles the whole car pretty good, mirrors vibrate, trunk vibrates, rattled my zippo and a drink right off the trunk.
P.S. I have no speakers hooked up to an amp, the system is stock so far.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
panasonic head unit
lightning audio 4"dash speakers
1" tweets mounted on dash
4" someoff brand crap in rear pannels
2 10" kicker subs
1 760 watt pionneer 2 ch amp

will get pics tommorow

my subs are soon to be replaced 2 or 4 15" jbl subs and a bunch more amps

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
hehe.
I got 2 6 1/2 lightning audio speakers in the back of my saturn yeap..uality sound right there. The only reason i put those in is that one of my rear speakers cone completly seperated from the voice coils.

anyways. Teh cones are at least yellow(about teh onyl cool thing abotu these pieces of junk) and I have stock front speakers..I'll wait till those blow till i get new ones

·
Registered
833 Posts
Buddies system

In a 97 Dodge Ram 1500....

4 15" JL W3s.. 5 JL amps and more goodies as you can tell, when all the dust settle he had about $50k invested into the stereo system alone...

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
yeah that's pretty rediculous. I wish I had 50k to waste on somethin like that.

mine's pretty much stock, head unit is some wal-mart 3-cd mp3 player. I can have 2100MB of mp3s to play at any given time.

·
Registered
833 Posts
yeah the setup my buddy had was insane..he did stereo comps and was hitting around the 155-160DB mark.. which wasnt too bad but he was hoping for more.

Mp3s are definately the way to go for head units now days, you can have the same CD in for like a month or two before you get sick of the music...and sometimes even then you go back and start over because its been so long since you have heard that one particular song.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
not me, I'm sick of ALL of my music. I'm driving around about 5-8 hours a day tho. I've abandoned the radio and started listening to a police scanner. there's some crazy **** happening sometimes

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
all i have is this:

pioneer head unit
pioneer 3-way 6x8's in the back, and stockers in the doors...

·
Registered
270 Posts
panasonic head unit
audiobahn 6x9 "dub mag" (Rear)
audiobahn 5x7's (door's)
two audiobahn 10's
two 1000 watt crossfire amps

·
Registered
833 Posts
nice little setup you got tuner dude...just a bit of advice though...seriously ditch that Legacy EQ.. i had one and about 3-4 other buddies did and they have taken out the inputs on your amp or either just completely went to junk.

Not a bad piece of equipment though just a heads up in case stuff starts acting funny

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
thanks for the heads up i have a kenwood eq thats going in when i redo my system i got that legacy eq and the kenwood eq at a yard sale for $1 a peice the kenwood retails for 179 they had no idea what they had :)

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Cougar
Alpine Headunit
JBL 6x8s
4 JL 10w0s
Two 500watt JL Amps

Talon
Clarion Headunit
Clarion Speakers
2 12in Alpine Type-S
Rockford-Fosgate 800 watt Amp

I do not have pics, I'll borrow a friends digital camera since I don't own one. I picked up the 10s for the cougar for a measly $35 a piece. Nothing wrong with them at all. Bought the JL amps off my bro for $400 total, basically brand new. Both cars sound good, don't distort, hit lows well, basically what I was lookin for.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have......
Pioneer head deck Mp3/wmv player about $200ish
2 rockford fosgate(sp) 6x9 rear speakers $150
eq(unknown brand)mounted under neith my driverside foot area about $50
2 12" 1100wat dual subs mounted in case lighted blue aboud $200
2 amps one from my dad and another from best buy combined around 6-700 watts (cant remember)
installing this all my self at the age of 16 no help from anyone=2 weeks of work in the garage straight

also for ****'s and giggles i put in my fathers old CB radio, looks really stupid, but eh

1 - 20 of 22 Posts