Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone should know I use a Custom Pro.

Well, I TRIED to modify it, to where the CO2 tank faces forwards instead of backwards...but I failed. I sprung a VERY small leak (Fixed itself after a while), and I lost a spring to the sear.

I got ahold of the Tippy parts kit, and got a spring from there. I put it in...and now, whenever I put balls in my gun, every once in a while it doubleshots.

It's only with balls in it, it works perfectly with nothing in it.

I know what's causing the problem (a spring is too short, and the sear isn't catching the bolt)...it's just that, I can't find a longer spring. Can anyone tell me where I can make/find a longer one?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
You got your ball detent (ball latch in Tippmann talk) installed in there?
Little orange plastic thing, you can see it if you open the elbow up and look inside while it is cocked.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Torch said:
You got your ball detent (ball latch in Tippmann talk) installed in there?
Little orange plastic thing, you can see it if you open the elbow up and look inside while it is cocked.
Yes.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I'm sorry, I missed the part in your first post that said you already tried to replace it and just thought "detent". =\

Odd that the parts kit didn't have a sear spring in it.

Anyway, you can try the dental rubber bands like the fellow above said. I woulnd't put much faith into pen springs, they're made to stretch the other direction mostly and are pretty soft. might be worth a try though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Er, you might be thinking of the Tippmann 98 Custom...a Custom Pro is a little different in design, I believe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts