Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
rogueknight
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has used the TechT Tippmann/ BT Zero Kick Hammer to upgrade their A-5 and what are your thoughts on it's proformance

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
i wouldnt worry about it, nobody you loan it to is even going to notice or get any advantage because of it, and you are not going to be using it since its a back up for the vast majority of the time. id look into some other stuff to help your game, slider pants/shorts? gloves, jersy, pants, gearbag, backup air tank for the A5 would be a decent idea though, i have 2 tanks, its always nice to have a spare incase something either happens to one or one is in for hydro

·
rogueknight
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got 2 HPA tanks and a 20oz CO2, and i found that the CO2 (for me anyway) gets a little better performance on the A-5 especially with the remote system to keep the tank outta my way

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
45oo psi HPA tanks?

other things to throw money at in paintball,

barrel kit
on/off asa
better paint
another field fee
spare anything
parts kit
tools
custom grips
a sick anno
different lenses for your mask
backup mask (or just a new one for you)
save it and go to OK d-day

or you can throw all the money for everything above into something outside of paintball,

a girlfriend....

what marker are you shooting now anyway?

·
rogueknight
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
don't need a girlfriend i gotta wife, my field fees are discounted, barrel kit is ordered, got spare lenses, and i'm using a proto slg with some aftermarket mods but i still love my a-5 especially when i'm long balling in an open area

·
Registered
8 Posts
By all means, throw down a grand on five CF HPA tanks, but for crying out loud, don't spend a single hard earned dime on your Tippmann. Gimme a break.

As far as the bolt, I don't own an A5, and I don't know anything about it firsthand (or even second hand), but I have a lightweight bolt in my 98 which I machined out of a section of 1-inch aluminum stock, and I like it. It really does everything they say it does, like lighter recoil, reduced noise, slightly faster shots, better gas efficiency (I'm pretty sure), upgrades your flashiness. Of course, mine was free, so it's easy to like. Whether it's worth $50.00 ... I don't know. I think that's pretty steep, but if you're as into paintball as you seem to be, you might think differently. It's your call.

On a side note, couldn't you potentially run into some problems with the new bolt starving your cyclone feed? Just a thought.

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
It's cool that you're being supportive of his desire to upgrade his gun but the real issue is that is isn't cost effective. The benefits you gain from upgrades don't justify the cost.

If you want to throw your money at making a gun look cool then do it but when it comes to making a low end gun perform well your money is MUCH better spent on a higher end gun.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
agreed^^^

iv also heard some very usefull information about a-5 aftermarket bolts doing next to nothing for performance, most people will tell you "this bolt is better than stock, this one is more efficiant ect ect" without really anything to go off of but the manufacturers claims, but there was a test i saw ( i believe it was over on the nation) that actually went through and tested pretty much every bolt being sold for the thing and it concluded that the stock bolt was one of the best, pretty much everything else had worse efficiency and/or was worse in other respects. just goes to show that upgrading a entry level marker is never really worth it

·
rogueknight
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all i have to say to all who bad mouth the A-5 just remember it isn't the gun the makes the player but the player that makes the gun.

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
I don't recall any one bad mouthing the A5.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I imagine the zero kick hammer would put less stress on the velocity spring, return to its normal position a bit faster, maybe decrease the so called kick a bit. As far as bad mouthing Tippmanns, yeah thats what you guys do. Don't add any upgrades to the Tippmann you already spent 180$ on, just get a new marker! Shut up. You guys probably think the X7 Phenom is a waste of money.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Always giving the its too big defense. OR the I lack so much skill that I have to use a gun the size of a pea defense. MANY people like a bigger more realistic gun, and the X7 Phenom shoots great while giving those people what they like. No matter what Tippmann does you smalltime small gun whoring self proclaimed pro's will always say they suck. I have come to hate this forum. What the hell do you think milsim style marker means? Oh thats right, you don't really know because most of you couldn't survive in the military.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts