I have seen these threads before...but have never seen a good solution.
I have an A-5 and so do 2 other friends of mine. We have just converted from CO2 to HPA. We have 4 differnt HPA tanks. I actually have 2 - a 68 3000 Pure Energy preset at 850psi, and a Nitro Duck with adjustable reg. All of us are unable to get a velocity of over 250fps.
Note, we have NO problems on spyders, ions, or shockers when using all 4 of these tanks! We maintain all of our guns very well, and I myself own 2 spyders and an ion...and none have this problem. Also, co2 gives NO problems
Here is what we have all tried on all 3 different a-5's:
1) Velocity screw all the way out - No improvement
2) Clean and oiled (with light weight oil) - No improvement
3) Polished internals - 1 gun had an avg increase of 5fps. The other 2 guns
had an avg increase of 3fps.
4) Maddmann spring kit - Red spring - about 4-5 fps improvement for all 3
5) Trinity Spring Kit - hard spring - same as maddmann results
6) Different HPA tanks - No improvement
7) Adjusting output pressure b/t 700 and 900 psi - No improvement
8) BB in the end cap - No improvement
Basically, we have tried most everything that a normal person would have tried. And we cannot surpass an avg of 250fps on all 3 guns
What else can i try? Has anyone run into this problem and found a solution that does NOT involve a Low Pressure Kit (which is very expensive) ???
Any help would be greatly appreciated.